DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO FLOW IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?
DYODE is an industry-recognized eCommerce agency focused on web development, UX design, strategic consulting, digital marketing, merchandising and more located in Southern California! We are a team that leads with results, works hard and strives for excellence. Founded by two former heads of eCommerce and staffed with over 40 industry veterans, we are motivated, ambitious and continually growing to join forces with some of the biggest brands out there like Tom Brady, Jessica Simpson, Nicks Ice Cream, Bandai Namco Entertainment and Invisalign; just to name a few!
At DYODE, we are the anti-agency! Working at DYODE means joining an eCommerce solutions-based company with over 20+ years of experience. We strive for an inclusive culture by seizing every opportunity, by providing flexible work schedules for our staff, creating open community culture, streamlining our operations and implementing new strategies to drive your experience at DYODE to be the best ever! Your success is our success. What are you WAITING for?
WHAT YOU’LL NEED…
We want you to succeed in this position and will help coach you in refining your skills. The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong conceptual thinking. We want our team to be able to start projects off from an incredibly strong position and come up with unforeseen, clever concepts to move forward with. A deep level of care about the quality of your work and how it reflects on your character is the DYODE way.
- Strong self-management practices with meticulous attention to detail. Be able to deliver a solid approach to consistent, development ready work.
- Honesty, Integrity & Fairness. Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity.
- A natural inclination to be pro-active and take the lead in solving problems as you find them. A hunger for personal and professional growth.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), discretion, professional openness, and other leadership skills needed to coordinate and facilitate healthy, well-organized teamwork.
- Having a sense of humor and being witty isn’t a bad thing either! Having enjoyment of work and life balance is key here at DYODE!
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
We value endless growth and learning, a team mentality, discipline and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate would possess:
- 3+years of web development experience and 1+year with Shopify as a platform.
- Implement well tested and thoughtful solutions across a wide range of challenges. Deep experience integrating third-party platforms and following modern software design patterns.
- Fluency with optimization, background queuing, unit testing, CI/CD build outs, REST/GraphQL, NodeJS, Python and React, Middleware, Shopify API architecture concerns and database design best practices, JSON/XML, REST APIs and Webhooks.
- Migrate data between eCommerce platforms in a way that is clean and effective. Ability to build custom apps including admin interfaces and interfaces with eCommerce platforms and 3rd party apps to extend functionality.
- Advance and maintain custom eCommerce sites, apps and integrations (Shopify Plus & BigCommerce API)
- Develop documentation for code, standards and workflow. Support custom middleware and private apps that we develop. Update clients about project details and educate on platform and web technology when needed.
- Thorough understanding of API integrations between Shopify and 3rd parties such as ERP systems, Shopify apps (Recharge) and search providers (Alogolia) and Search spring.
- Basic understanding of agile workflow and development methodologies. Familiarity with using command line environments and experience with headless web development.
- Intermediate-level OOP languages and knowledge of AWS infrastructure.